Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This lil' light of mine...


I'm gonna let it SHINE!!!! Well, that's the way our Sunday school song used to go, remember? 'Don't let Satan blow it out...' Wellllll, Satan hasn't blown my light out but he's huffin' & puffin' ALL the time. I can feel the breeze!

Mark 4:21 says, "Would anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket or under a bed to shut out the light? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand where its light will shine."

I've found my light flickering just a little these last few weeks. I think more than anything else it's burn out (hey, a pun! I didn't even mean to do that!). I'm tired. I think that it becomes so easy for me to allow my daily routine to become so overloaded, that especially during this busy season my quiet time becomes less of a priority and there isn't much fuel for my fire...add frustration, resentment, hurt feelings...how could God's light shine through something like that?

I am going to try to find my alone time with God again and make it my number one priority...I was CREATED to do this! God specifically tells us that the closer we are to Him the more light He will reveal in out lives. Imagine that if you HAVE more liight you can SHINE more light. SIMPLE! I will pray that my attitude gets better and I can let go of the hurt and resentment.

Please pray for me.

No comments: