Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thank you Jesus, for them!


Okay, here's the scenario...

We are all three at the kitchen table.

Jorge is working on a Bible study.

Maya is doing homework.

I'm doing some work, work.

The house is quiet (WOW! No TV, music...???) and I glanced up and was overcome by a feeling of contentment. I mean, seriously...we have a home, all we NEED and each other. It was such a blessing to finally have a baby and eight years later I don't take a moment of it for granted. I have THE most wonderful husband EVER. Some people might have husbands as great as mine but I guarantee you that no one has one better! I just loved the moment I was in...so...I said, "This is my favorite moment of the day!" and my husband looks up...kinda stunned, I had just pulled him out of the gospel...and smiles at me. My stinker of a daughter looks at me and says, "Really momma? Cause we're all here together? Awww...well, enjoy it cause I have one more sentence to write & I'm goin' to watch Hannah Montana!"


See why I love her so?


I am so grateful for all of the things the Lord has provided me with. I am abundantly blessed but nothing compares to the blessing of my family.


Don't you know how you feel when you give a gift that you have picked out for someone and you finally get to give it to them...wouldn't it hurt if they didn't say 'thank you'? Imagine how God feels sometimes...Take a minute, heck, take thirty seconds and just thank Him for your gifts.


Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

Ivy Vega from www.ivysmind.com said...

Oh my. One of my favorite moments of my day is when dani & osvaldo are sleeping, the house is quite and I just stand at the door of each room staring at them. They look so peaceful, so I thank GOd for them. I just wish they would spend the whole day sleeping....LOL!

Linda Vazquez said...

You are SO, SO funny! It's now 6:43 and you know after the kind of day we had today I am anxiously watching the clock for 7:30...Maya's bedtime!