Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Friendship...comfortable friendship


Today I had a wonderful afternoon hanging out with some women I love, admire and have fun with. I'm blessed because I also work with them! As I was sitting there, in between the laughter and the silliness I realized that what I enjoy about them is that I am comfortable with them. They are women like me...


Ahhhh...the qualities that make me,'ME' are sometimes pretty puzzling to people who don't know me (...hey, anybody know that song, "I wanna talk about me"..I just used the word "me" waaaay too many times!).

Romans 12:3 says;
"...don't think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves..."

Here we go:

I am sarcastic...VERY sarcastic.
I am easy to read.
I am vocal.
I am someone who speaks without filtering.

People always know where they stand with me.

I wonder why I have friends at all...LOL!

As I am evaluating myself I must add that I am an extremely loyal friend. I am also an available friend. My friends know that they can count on me.

I tend to make friendships with people who share my sarcastic humor. People who are transparent. It makes it easier for me to relax and feel comfortable with them. I enjoy my friendships and I am blessed DAILY by one or more of them. God has surrounded me with confident, funny, loving women.

It's nice to be in a place that I don't have to walk on eggshells or worry about what I say...it's great to be with people who understand me and see my qualities...both good (loyalty) and bad (no fltering!) and still hang out with me.

God is good!

"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the friendship
Betty

Linda Vazquez said...

Right back atcha sweets!