Tuesday, December 4, 2007

So many babies, so much red tape...

After suffering for many years with infertility (and finally being gloriously blessed!) I have huge, heartbreaking empathy for people going through this ordeal. We have godly, funny, happily married friends that are going through this unfair scenario. My heart breaks...

They have decided that they will adopt a child into their home and into their heart. It has been such a long time since they made this decision and they are still waiting. They have been disappointed.

She told me on Sunday that they have been matched! That means that there is a mother out there somewhere who is making a difficult decision to let her child go and she has decided that she likes the profile that my friends submitted to the agency! They will meet with her on Friday to get to know one another. Even as I type this I feel so happy that it brings tears to my eyes. They are apprehensive. They have been burned before.

It seems like such a no-brainer to me. There are so many precious babies out there that need a home and so many people who long to have a baby of their own...why do they make it so hard?

This was just a rant at the beginning...sorry. What I would ask from you is your prayers. Please pray that they will go into that meeting without any nervousness, knowing that it is in the Lord's hands and that He already knows what is going to happen. Pray that this woman will be able to see their hearts and see them for the wonderful people that they are. Pray that her heart will soften to them.

Pray that ultimately they will have their baby to love.

1 comment:

Ivy Vega from www.ivysmind.com said...

Reading this, my heart quenches. I will pray for both women. One who will give her gift to the other.