Friday, March 6, 2009

Hey 'Pot'~ Meet Kettle!


Often hypocrisy and insecurity are the very best of friends. They walk hand in hand. Why do we criticize a behavior that we ourselves show in our own lives? I have seen it happen and I am sure that I have even done it myself. Why do we do this? Insecurities? I believe that has quite a bit to do with being a hypocrite. We criticize, moan and complain about a behavior that we don't even recognize that we engage in. We should be in prayer and self examination about this.

The best analogy for hypocrisy is, "The pot calling the kettle black"...are you a 'pot'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little selfevalutaion would do all of us some good. I love this post. It made me smile. Love ya friend.

beans

Anonymous said...

It's the same thing as having a log in your eye and seeing the splinter in your brothers eye, no? It does happen alot and surprised it happens in our churches to.

ksb