Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Do You Feel Guilty?


As a native Floridian, hurricane warnings, threats and such are a common occurrence. What makes me uneasy about the whole thing is not the winds and rains but the feeling of gratitude when I realize it is going to miss us and go somewhere else.

My family prays for the storm to dissipate and a lot of the time it does. What about the ones that don't? What about katrina? What about Gustav? What about Hannah, where is she going? Our good luck is someone else's nasty reality. It stinks. I try hard not to think about it, but when I do I feel like pond scum. Am I really happy when I see it veer off into the Gulf or up higher to the Carolinas? Yes, I am. I feel awful admitting it. Obviously I would never pray for the storm to GO elsewhere but I still feel extremely guilty! Do you?

I am praying that Ike will just be a tropical storm...he looks like he's on a mission straight to South Florida. Pray that ALL of us will be safe, not just us South Floridians!

Keep praying for it to disintegrate!

Psalm 107:29
He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are doing this again. I am praying about this hurricain to. Ike does not look to good. Keep posting here. I missed you.