Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday Tips by Mindy


My friend Mindy started this in her blog so I'm puttin' in my tips as well. You can view her tips by clicking on her 'Tuesday Tips' button on the right.

Jorge and I have been eating healthier and shedding some weight. We don't count points. We're too lazy but we have restricted our calories and are eating all of the things we enjoy most (carbs for me and sweets for him)in strict moderation. We are pretty inventive when it comes to snacking. Beside fruit, which we eat a lot, we also snack on sugar free Jello and fat free whipped cream, carrots and cucumbers dipped in hummus (YUMMUS!), Special K Bliss Bars in chocolate orange...at 90 calories they are a yummy treat, we also snack on Mindy's DEEE-LICIOUS breakfast idea:

"First, I start with Danon Activia Light yogurt.

I don’t know if it “works” like they say that it does, but I chose it because it is only 1 point (for the light brand) and it tastes very good. So far, I’ve only tried the Strawberry and Blueberry.

Next, I add to the yogurt 1/4 cup of Bare Naked Fit Granola.

The granola is 2 points for 1/4 of a cup. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but when added to the yogurt it seems like a lot. Remember, for only a 2 point serving, you must get the “Fit” version. I’ve found mine at the Target stores (with the grocery in them). They cost somewhere between $3.50 and $4.00 a bag, but using only a 1/4 cup at a time really makes the bag last."


Her newest snack idea will be in my pantry tomorrow also. Sounds great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Fat Free whip cream. We add it to the top of angel food cake from Publix. (Not the sugar free kind). It's yummy and very little points and calories!