Monday, June 15, 2009

UP!


Last night, Jorge, Maya, my in-laws & I went out to a delicious dinner and then over to watch "UP". I had been looking forward to seeing it! I love the Pixar movies, Monster's Inc. and Finding Nemo are incredible! Although I don't think it was as good as either of those two, this one didn't disappoint either. It seemed to have a bit more adult themes than the others have. It made me laugh out loud and reach for tissues. Definitely worth seeing.

Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, I will say that it exposes how many of us hold on to the past so tightly that we can't grab the 'right now'. I've done it and still have one area in my life where I have to CONSTANTLY make a conscience effort to not live that way! This quote is a great reminder:

One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us. ~Michael Cibenko

No comments: