Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Proud Momma!


Today, Maya had the opportunity to sing a short little solo in chapel at school. I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how proud I was of her. She was AMAZING!!!! I captured the song on video tape so that Jorge could watch it but I could not capture the elation on her face as she walked off the stage.

When she came down and sat next to me I asked her if she had been nervous and she said, "I was very nervous, Mommy, when I started, so I closed my eyes, lifted my hands and started singing to God, for Him and not for all the people in the audience. After that I was fine!"

She is remarkable!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You have every right to be proud! She is remarkable! And you have walked the talk in front of her! What a great Mommy she has and what a great God her Mommy serves!

When Drew graduates college I'm telling him to look Maya up! Just joking! She is precious though!

Linda Vazquez said...

Thank you my friend! Talk about lifting somebody up! LOL! I had a little bit to do with it but she has an amazing relationship with her Lord! I'm extremely blessed!