Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


Today, October 2, 2010 would have been my Daddy's 62nd birthday! Instead of a celebration and joking about how old he's getting (which he obviously was NOT!) it's a time of sadness for me. How selfish is that? My dad is in Heaven with his Jesus and I can only think about how much I want him here with us! I will always cherish the past we shared but I miss, nearly every day, the future we will not have. He lived life fully, courageously and passionately after being diagnosed with lymphoma. I am very grateful that I had him in my life, that he knew my daughter and that Maya has precious memories of him. Her most precious memory of him is also mine. After a lifetime (literally) of praying for Salvation for my dad, we were able to witness the moment that he asked Jesus into his heart, exactly one week before he passed away. By witnessing this, on days when I miss him with a huge ache in my heart, I know that the One who is holding me and comforting me is also holding my Daddy! That closes the distance between us! So on his birthday, I will sing to him and close my eyes and imagine him laughing and eating a gigantic slice of German Chocolate cake! Love you Daddy!

10/02/48 ~ 05/14/2006

"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope."

No comments: